Medix Biochemica is now looking to develop Molecular Diagnostic programs with recently acquired myPOLS Biotech GmbH and their top quality, in-house manufactured PCR enzymes and reagents. Medix Biochemica is looking to develop the market through Key account development and by training and coaching the existing, growing sales team to generate business opportunities and grow the business globally with them.
Ideally you are molecular biologist with experience with MDx markets and with a network of contacts in the MDx supplier market. You are internationally savvy and like to or are working commercially internationally. You are based ideally in DACH or Europe. Could this be your opportunity?
Medix Biochemica introduction
Medix Biochemica is a global, market-leading supplier of critical raw materials to the in vitro diagnostics (IVD) industry. Our mission is to enable IVD customers to deliver accurate results to billions of patients worldwide. By working in partnership with Medix Biochemica, IVD manufacturers can reduce their time to market through our industry-leading expertise which increases efficiencies and builds quality into their tests. We achieve this through our deep scientific know-how combined with the broadest and most relevant raw material portfolio and our relentless focus on quality.
In recent years the company has expanded organically and through several acquisitions. This has cemented our position as a global leader, and extended our offering to include high quality antibodies, antigens, enzymes, biospecimens, molecular reagents and more for a wide range of life science research and diagnostic applications.
Medix Biochemica Group employs more than 250 professionals worldwide. With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we serve our worldwide customers through our local teams in St. Louis (USA), Shanghai (China), Besançon (France), and Konstanz (Germany). Further expansion into new territories and markets is planned.
We are an ambitious company with significant opportunities for growth. The company has doubled in size in recent years and our future looks bright. Further innovation and development of our pipeline is planned along with acquisition of complementary business will ensure we deliver on our vision: to be the first-choice partner to the IVD industry.
In addition to delivering record results – ‘how’ we work is important to us. Our values guide the behaviors of all our colleagues worldwide. We Care, We Dare, and We Deliver are not just ‘words on a chart’- they are the values we live to every day in our working practice.
We are now looking for a Global Business Development Manager for our Molecular Diagnostic (MDx) Reagents’ business division. In this role, you will drive the business development and sales strategy/activities globally for our molecular diagnostic reagents and services. The selected candidate should ideally be based in the DACH region and preferably based or in travelling proximity to our Molecular Diagnostics Centre of Excellence site, myPOLS Biotec in Konstanz, Germany. Working remotely from other locations could also be considered.
Key task and responsibilities:
* Developing commercial strategy and roadmap as well as new MDx business opportunities and partnerships.
* Driving growth, competitiveness, and profitability of MDx products and services by meeting or exceeding MDx revenue and customer targets.
* Coaching and providing MDx sales trainings, tactics, and strategic directions to our sales teams globally.
* Developing, implementing, and tracking MDx commercial KPIs as well as revenue forecast.
* In coordination with global marketing and product management teams, driving campaigns and promotions of our MDx product/services.
* Networking and follow-up with clients/customers (including potential clients/customers), KOLs and the scientific community and communicating the insights to the MDx Business Unit.
Your experience and skills:
* Bachelors or higher degree in Molecular Biology/Biotechnology or related disciplines. Strong business acumen. MBA would be an advantage.
* Proven record and extensive experience in selling and managing molecular diagnostic raw materials/reagents within the IVD industry (5+ years).
* Strong and established network of Key Opinion Leaders within the molecular diagnostics IVD and life science sectors.
* Can-do attitude, energetic and innovative mindset.
* Knowledge and previous hands-on experience in several molecular diagnostic technologies e.g., qPCR, isothermal amplification, NGS, CRISPR, and other nucleic acid manipulations/preparations.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. German language proficiency would be an advantage.
* Passion to succeed, lead and motivate people.
* Requires frequent travel to customers/partners/KOLs (40%+).
We offer you:
* Interesting and independent role in innovative and inspiring working environment
* Talented colleagues with great, friendly, and caring atmosphere
* Opportunity to work in the growth company, in diverse and global working environment
* Learning and development opportunities
* Competitive salary and wide range of benefits